Monday, January 11, 2010

Starry Eyes

That starry eyed look. I've seen it plenty of times. I've seen it directed at me from women. And I kill it every time . Normally that starry eyed expression transforms over a mere moments, maybe a few weeks, or even a few months, into a look of contempt. Once the woman realizes that I have no composure in public, once she sees me blurt out socially unacceptable comments, once I spill one too many drinks on her, she hates me. She has lost all respect for me. I'm not even sure why I get starry eyes from other women. I'm a fool. I do foolish things. I have no sense of my public shame, but I do. My shame extends to the realm of bodily excreta, not the excreta that rattle off my vocal cords. Most of them are articulate enough to register as insults upon the starry eyed person. I've destroyed a lot of initial respect in due time. I've destroyed a lot of initial attraction in due time. In the end I destroy everything that could be beloved to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment