Friday, March 9, 2012

interview for a war veteran

Interviewer:
"I see that you were in the Iraq War from 2003 until 2006. Tell me, how has this experience equipped you for this position?"

Iraq War Veteran:
"Well sir. I believe I am uniquely qualified for this position. I can fly a fifteen million dollar weapons platform into the heart of a city, receive kill commands from a lawyer in Miami, and successfully identify, target, and eliminate enemy heat signatures 1000s of yards away on the ground. Sir!"

Interviewer:
"Do you know your way around a cash register?"

Iraq War Veteran:
"Each of these missions cost in excess of seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars in logistical support, weaponry R & D, fuel, training, and armaments expended. Sir!"

Interviewer:
"But are you ready to manage the most demanding-yet-successful Huck's Food and Fuel Mart in the metro-east I-44 corridor?"

Iraq War veteran:
"Sir yes, sir!"

No comments:

Post a Comment