Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Levitttown: Response to a marriage invitation

named individuals


Nothing like some tick picking before an identification ritual commences. As much as I'd love to visit the birthplace of suburbia I think I'm going to be tuckpointing the walls of my new urban bunker on the 2nd. I'll send you pictures of my new digs when I get re-situated. I'm happy that the two of you have found a welcoming place within the bosom of mediocrity, matrimony, and mortgage payments. I'm glad that our paths met because the longer we stay apart the stranger your lives have become. It's as if you're on Stairway to Heaven and my record is skipping endlessly on the first guitar riff in Black Dog. That's fine by me; it's a damn fine riff. James Page belongs to the pantheon of lesser gods.
over the river and through the woods ....


I leave you with an inspiring picture of Levittown, PA and a quote from its architect. William J. Levitt:
"No man who owns his own home and lot can be a Communist. He has too much to do."

The image “http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/64/LevittownPA.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Fighting one materialism with another.

No comments:

Post a Comment