Monday, October 10, 2022

journal entry october 10

What big changes can happen in a week. I purchased a house. I closed on it to be exact. That required a 20% down payment from my personal finances to avoid private mortgage insurance (PMI). That occurred on Friday. When I went to the bank and teller, a young black woman beamed at me and offered much congratulations. I'd like to think she was impressed by my ability to pull more than 45 thousand dollars out of an account, draft it into a cashier's check, and hand it over for a home. That's one thing, that I'm sure separates me from a lot of people. My ability to save money, in general, most surely does. But now I'm spending it, and spending it fast. I have solicited the work of a few friends. One will do the painting and related fixes. The other will be doing a punch-list of fixes. One trip to Lowe's had me drop 1300 dollars on paint and related other supplies. The best part of the experience was how the cash register sort of blanked out at the check out process so that another associate had to dig into the computer system to see if the transaction went through. It did. Now I have a printed out image of the receipt, not a regular one that is printed at the point of sale device. 

Sunday had me saying hello to a very intriguing and beautiful woman who works at a grocery store I frequent. She had smiled at me and waved a few times one Friday evening as she was getting off work. I talked to her briefly then, kept it work-related, and didn't pursue anything else. Then, subsequent visits later I didn't see her and began to think of her. I ran into her a Thursday and got cold feet. But this time I said hello and she beamed back a smile and a 'hi, how are you.' I ended the conversation at the reply and kept on shopping as she was working with a colleague in the produce section. Trying to keep things tidy, terse, not too gushy. Keep your cool kid. Give too much away and she'll realize you're a dork and move on. That's a bit of the old me. The new me has a house and some added feeling of having made it, confidence, a place of my own, a way to impress the ladies. Yep, that's it. 

Then there was this other, much younger, kinda nerdy, still very interesting girl running the register at the pet store. We talked and she kept the conversation going. My body language was much less repressed, and well, it was intoxicating as well. But everything like this comes in pairs, and that's how life presents itself to me as forks in roads, choices to make, nothing is ever existing in solitude to be happened upon. I meet women in pairs, in systems of encounters, and I have to discover what the meaning of said encounter means. I'm not sure how other men integrate sexual attraction and their means of pursuit. Mine is a little too analytical, and then papered over with some retroactive romanticism. Contrived, yes to me it is, but maybe it looks romantic form the outside. We'll see. I am going to chase down said woman at the grocery store. She's the full package, no doubt. I'll take whatever crazy she may possess, and ride that wild pony into the sunset. 

Or not. 

You never know. It could be a bust. She may be smiling and waving at a lot of guys. I have no clue. Maybe she has a sort of dying, fallow relationship. I don't know. The fact that I don't have one, and if she doesn't have one, both could present themselves as red flags. I know this. I've been called many things for not chasing hard enough. I can only hope that she and I could find common ground. Maybe I can get her to talk. Maybe I'll find ways to keep stuff interesting, but all I can say for now is I didn't really sleep, and the situation, house, her, and all has been on my mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment