Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Page views

Keywords, search terms, bot algorithms.

These have contributed in varying ways to my blog reaching almost 5,000 page views. Sadly, few human eyes see the pages. Few human minds comprehend the narrative journeys. It's just the OCD of a virtual computer spinning in some cloud somewhere on this planet.

As I reach 5,000 page views I need to remind myself that among those views only a few were achieved by people, looking for something on a topic that this blog addressed. Few visits were perpetrated by people willingly clicking on a search engine link to my page. I'd put those in the 250 page view range.

I'm a blogger for bots, an author for algorithms, a star for software, a host for hyperlinks. Foremost, I'm here, unemployed, staring at things I've done, wondering what they amount to, and the internet equivalent of cockroaches infest my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment